Saturday, August 27, 2011

Affirmations Regarding: Physical and Emotional Abuse

PHYSICAL ABUSE
John 10:10 -- The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly
 
EMOTIONAL ABUSE
Isaiah 35:10 -- And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
 
Father my life is hid in Christ, so I am a new creature. The old things have passed away and all things are new in my life. The truth of your word has set me free because I have set my heart to learn, know, believe, confess and receive your truth. Those who don't know that I am your child, do not know you. Because I belong to you, when you come again, I will be like you and see you as you are. You have seen my infirmity in its days, months and even years. It caused me to be bowed, confined, unfocused and unable to lift myself up. But you saw me and spoke to my heart. Now I am loosed from my weakness and captivity. The root, seed and vessel of the enemy that had me bound has been removed. Those who were my enemy, I forgive and will love them. Those who cursed me, I will bless. Those who despitefully used and persecuted me, I will pray that they be saved and redeemed by your hand.
 
You have begun a good work in me and I believe, confess in confidence that you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. I forget those things which are behind and press for the things you have purposed, planned and set before me. My old life is buried by baptism into the death of Christ. I have been raised up with Him by your glory Father and I will walk in newness of life. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. I make allowance for other's faults, and forgive anyone who offended, wounded or abused me. Lord you forgave me, so I forgive others. I am clothed with love, which binds me with others in perfect harmony.
 
Lord you bore the griefs of my spirit, and carried my sorrows. I have been forsaken and refused. But you are my deliverer. You brought me your good news and healed my broken heart. I am liberated from every captivity, pit, prison and affliction of the mind, soul and spirit. Your comfort replaced my mourning. I received beauty for ashes and you anointed me with unspeakable joy. I am clothed with a garment of praise instead of the spirit of heaviness. You have planted me firmly in your love, grace and mercy and I am a tree of righteousness. The yoke and burden has been lifted from my shoulder and the rod of oppression is broken. You have delivered me out of the hand of the enemy, out of all who have oppressed me and drove them back to the abyss. I am not fearful of those who have hurt, wounded or oppressed me. Everything that has been covered shall be revealed and everything hid will be known.
 
I have no fear of those who try to kill the body. But rather my fear is only of You Lord, who is the only one who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Lord you are a refuge for the oppressed and in times of trouble. You have led me to safety so I no longer fear and the sea has overwhelmed my enemies. I keep your law and commandments because you have delivered me from the oppression of man. But even if I have suffered for doing what is right, You will reward me for it. So I do not worry nor am I afraid of threats or bitter words. Instead, I worship Christ as Lord of my life. And if someone asks about my hope, I am always ready to explain it.
 
Lord you have wiped all tears from my eyes. There is no more death to my spirit, no sorrow or crying in my soul. I have no more pain in my mind, soul, body and spirit because the former things are passed away. In my poverty and neediness I have praised your name. Your peace rules in my heart. As a member of one body, the church, I am called to live in peace. Always thankful, the message about Christ in all its richness, fills my life. By your spirit I am able to teach and counsel others with all the wisdom you give me. I sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs to you Lord with a thankful heart. Whatever I do or say, I do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to you my God and Father. Lord you have set me free and I am free indeed.
 
1John 3:1-2, 1Peter 3:14-15, 2Corinthians 5:17, Colossians 3:13-17, Isaiah 53:4, Isaiah 54:6, Isaiah 61:1-3, Isaiah 9:4, John 8:32, Judges 6:9, Luke 13:11-12, Matthew 5:44, Matthew 10:26, Matthew 10:28, Philippians 1:6, Philippians 3:13, Psalm 9:9, Psalm 72:4, Psalm 74:21, Psalm 78:53, Psalm 119:134, Revelations 21:4, Romans 6:4, Romans 8:2
 
 
"Talk to God With Affirmations of Faith"
eBook & Paperback
by Christine Brooks Martin
Areli MediaWorks 2011
 
 

No comments: