Sunday, April 6, 2014

The "Que Sera Sera" for Those Who Are His

The other night while watching TV, there was a commercial for a new, upcoming series about heinous acts or intentions between married couples. I don't plan to watch it but they used a song I remember from my childhood. Although sampled and sung by someone else for the advertisement, it was Doris Day's classic, called "Que Sera Sera." That's French for what will be, will be. For a great amount of time in my life, I lived loosely by the premise of that song... getting what I could get, as fast as I could get it and trying to have as much fun as possible while Que Sera Sera happened.

I concede that "what will be, will be" is true because the Word does say in Romans 11:33-36 -- "Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the LORD’s thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back. For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen."

But when the day came that I had a wonderful, memorable encounter with the Word of God and His Presence, then that changed the course of my life. No longer relevant and true was another line in the song that said, "The future's not ours to see." That is because I became an engrafted beneficiary of the covenant promises of God found in Deuteronomy 28:1-13. We have a Father who gives bountifully, pressed down, shaken together and running over to His children.

As a child of the King, I no longer have to walk in darkness regarding my future. His Word says in Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT)-- "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."

Even if life and its challenges confront me, I can rest in His Word that says in Romans 8:28 (NLT)--"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

When you learn and know that each day you can be kept in and by the Kingdom God with the enabling assistance of the Holy Spirit, you can "Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD, and you will gain knowledge of God."-- Proverbs 2:3-5 (NLT)

Your Que Sera Sera can and will be orchestrated by the Lord Most High with the willing and yielded participation of your mind, body, soul and spirit.
Christine Brooks Martin
Areli MediaWorks  |  2014

No comments: