Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Prayer to Overcome Negativity

When I am Negative 

Lord God, I repent for thinking or saying things that oppose what your scriptures say is the truth. Your word has declared who you are and who I am when I abide in you. I belong to you and I am your son/daughter. I am filled with your Holy Spirit. You have not given me a spirit to be afraid or timid. By your spirit I am strong, loving and self-disciplined. I understand that there are natural and spiritual challenges in the world but I take heart that I have your peace. In the midst of trials, tribulation or sorrow, I have the assurance that you have already overcome what confronts me. I already have victory over any circumstance because the Holy Spirit lives in me. Your spirit is greater than any spirit that is in the world.

You lift burdens from my thoughts, motives and intentions. You break every yoke of bondage from my shoulders. No weapon turned against me will succeed. Every voice raised in accusation against me is silenced. I enjoy the benefits you have extended to me as a servant of the Lord. I am vindicated from unrighteous judgment. I am justified, found not guilty, because of the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. Negative words do not proceed out of my mouth because my thoughts are renewed by your truth. I know in whom I live, move and have my very being.

I have the enabling ability to exercise authority over every challenge and challenger. My life is protected by your power. The word of God is my weapon to remove any stronghold of human reasoning that opposes God. I rest in the knowledge that you can end every mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual captivity. Your word destroys false and unrighteous arguments. Rebellious thoughts are captured and realigned to the obedience of the truth and Jesus Christ. Evil and negative thoughts are replaced by faith in you. My victory is through faith in the promises of your word and causes me to inherit your blessings. Thank you for being my God and I am your son/daughter.

From the prayerbook "He That Healeth Thee
by Christine Brooks Martin 
Areli MediaWorks | 2014

No comments: